‘Rush Hour 4’ Officially Greenlit Thanks To Trump Endorsement

todayNovember 30, 2025

Background
share close

The iconic Rush Hour franchise is officially ready for its next installment and has been greenlit for production, PEOPLE reports. However, it wouldn’t have been possible without President Donald Trump, who lobbied on the film and its director’s behalf. The surprise news came from entertainment journalist and former editorial director for The Hollywood Reporter, Matthew Belloni.

The outlet had shared a recent X post made by Belloni on (Nov.25), which read, “I teased this last night in What I’m Hearing, but now confirmed: Paramount WILL release Rush Hour 4 after prodding from Trump on behalf of Brett Ratner. Distribution deal. Producer Tarak Ben Ammar is lining up financing. Get ready for the dumbest possible state-controlled media.” According to Belloni, Trump met with Paramount Skydance shareholder Larry Ellison.

Release Date For ‘Rush Hour 4’ Has Not Been Confirmed

The project would mark Ratner’s return to Hollywood following allegations of sexual misconduct made by multiple women, including actresses Olivia Munn (Magic Mike) and Natasha Henstridge (The Whole Nine Yards). That said, Ratner has unequivocally denied the allegations. There had been talks about Rush Hour 4 back in 2022; however, it seems the film got stuck in production limbo.

Regarding the film’s cast, no announcements have been made, including whether Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker will reprise their roles as Detective Lee and Detective Carter. That said, both Chan and Tucker have confirmed they would be down to return to the franchise. In a May 2025 interview with ScreenRant, Jackie Chan said, “Ask the director, ask the studio, ask the writer. Hurry up! Otherwise, Chris Tucker and me [will be] 100 years old. We’ll be old men doing Rush Hour.” So far, no release date has been shared.

LOS ANGELES, CA – JULY 30: Actor Chris Tucker, director Brett Ratner and actor Jackie Chan arrive to the premiere of “Rush Hour 3” at Mann’s Chinese Theater on July 30, 2007 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage)

Written by: pradm

Rate it

Similar posts

Dame Dash Criticizes 50 Cent’s Role in Upcoming Diddy Documentary

The years-long rivalry between 50 Cent and Dame Dash reignited recently. This occurred after 50 Cent delivered a holiday-themed jab targeting Dash’s dental appearance. The feud, shaped by repeated public spats and unsuccessful attempts at reconciliation, escalated when 50 Cent took to Instagram. He called Dash a “clout-chaser.” Dash responded […]

todayNovember 29, 2025

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


our hits

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

TUNE IN. STAND OUT.

NOW PLAYING